The Widest GH coverage
The small farming community of Yampeilto, near Buipe in the Central Gonja District in the Northern Region of Ghana, was thrown into a state of mourning and shock when they woke up yesterday morning to hear of the death of six people from one family and a family friend.
Two others, a mother and her little daughter, who survived what appeared to be food poisoning from a meal called GARI & BEANS, are undergoing treatment at the Tamale .
The bodies of the deceased, a father, two children, a mother-in-law, two sisters and a family friend have been deposited at the morgue of the TTH for autopsy.
A family member, Ms Wasila Musah, who was taking care of little Minawara at the hospital, gave the names of the deceased as Mallam Haruna, father; Hawawu, Fulera, Faiza, Shaibu, Haril and Mama.
According to Ms Musah, Fulera, a niece of Mallam Haruna, had purchased the beans from the market for dinner on Monday, but after consuming the food, the victims started complaining of abdominal pains accompanied with foaming on their mouths.
They were, therefore, rushed to the Buipe Hospital where some of them died while the survivors were referred to TTH.
Add a Comment